The Declaration of the State of Emergency is in effect until February 7th 2021 in 11 Prefectures; Tokyo, Saitama, Chiba, Kanagawa, Tochigi, Gifu, Aichi, Kyoto, Osaka, Hyogo and Fukuoka.
There is no change in JET8 service during the state of emergency.
We are fully operational despite the state of emergency which is in effect until February 7th.
Restrictions in Japan are less strict than other countries.
The new restrictions include:
- Shorten the operating hours of dining and drinking establishments until 8 PM
- Decrease the number of people at workplaces by 70 percent through teleworking
- Refrain from going out after 8 PM for non-essential or non-urgent reasons
- Limit the number of people attending sports events or concerts
There is further domestic flight reduction for two main airlines, JAL as well as ANA in Japan.
According to the published report as of January 13th, the 2 major airlines would cut domestic flights in the period by January 31st 2021.
- ANA cuts 2,698 flights in the period between January 15 and 31. The operation rate will be 56% compared to the original schedule.
- JAL will cut 3,567 flights in the period between January 13 and 31, and the operation rate will be 56%.